- Dr. D. Phytocannabinoid rich hemp extracts, CBD tinctures are from the highest quality organic medicinal hemp in the world. Dr. D. personally knows all his farmers and extractors. The team uses the most advanced hemp genetics in the world allowing the plants flowers to test at ~20% CBD. The hemp extracts made are free of THC but rich many other phytocannabinoids, terpenes and flavanoids.
- Each bottle contains 100% American hemp extract including 1500 mg CBD per btl / 50 mg CBD per dropperful.
- Amber glass bottle minimizes light degradation of product
- Each dropperful is 1 mL. Dropper has lines showing 1 mL, 0.75 mL, 0.50 mL and 0.25 mL for easy dosing of accurate volumes of oil.
- All products are tested both for potency, purity, and consistency and contain no pesticides, no residual solvents, no heavy metals, and no toxic mildew or mold.
- All phytocannabinoid (PCR) rich products we produce, manufacture, or distribute, are either imported legally, or derived from 100% Federally legal industrial hemp that is registered with the Colorado State Department of Agriculture and conform fully to the 2014 US Farm Bill section 7606 which federally legalized the cultivation of industrial hemp under certain federal mandated conditions. All products are fully compliant with all 50 states, local, and international laws.
- FDA Disclaimer: Any statements made within this email have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. No products we produce, manufacture, market, or distribute are intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult your physician before beginning any exercise program or taking any supplements or botanical extracts.
- *Using Dr. D. products does not establish any sort of doctor patient relationship*
Dr. D. CBD Product Guide
How is Dr. D. water soluble technology superior to other water-soluble technology, liposomal or micelle-based, in the market? Nanoemulsions are a finely-engineered formula that uses optimized composition and a unique process to manufacture. The average size of the hemp oil droplet is 25 nanometers, compared with 100-5000 nanometers that is usually obtained by using the industry standard liposomal delivery method. The small size of the Dr. D. nanoemulsion leads to a much larger surface area of the hemp oil droplets, leading to much higher absorption in blood. Hemp oil nanoemulsions can also be used in a number of commercial areas, including the cosmetic, pharmaceutical and food industries. Their lipophilic (oily) interior (i.e. ability to dissolve in fats, oils, lipids, and non-polar solvents) makes them a much better option for transporting lipophilic compounds compared to liposomes, and as such they more efficiently enable the skin penetration of active ingredients. Furthermore, due to their transparent properties and extremely small droplet size, nanoemulsions do not lead to phase-separation (oil separating from water), and thus enable the formulation of sprayable products.
How is Dr. D. Full-Spectrum Phytocannabinoid Hemp Oil extracted? How is THC-removed from this oil? The hemp plant material is dried and milled into a powdered form. This allows for higher surface area which in turn results in an efficient extraction in shorter time. The extraction is carried out either in supercritical CO2 or ethanol. The solvent allows for preferential extraction of cannabinoids, waxes, terpenes and some of the impurities while discouraging the exchange of impurities such as plant carbohydrates and other impurities. The liquid extract or slurry containing plant material is processed through a custom designed filtration process in which almost all of the undissolved solids are retained while solid-free clean extract is able to permeate through the filter membrane. The solvent from clean hemp extract is recovered using distillation. This converts liquid extract into an oil form. This oil is further treated to preferentially remove waxes. It is then processed through a unique chromatography media which removes THC. The final oil has total phytocannabinoids in 75-85% range with total terpenes between 1 to 4%.
Do Dr. D. Brand Partners practice organic farming? Does it have an organic certification?
Dr. D. believes in a cultivation approach that is compliant with organic farming practices as defined by the standards captured in the Organic Food Production Act, USDA organic regulations, and the National Organic Program. The farms Dr. D. works with practice an organic cultivation or handling system plan that intends to meet the requirements below:
(1) A description exists of practices and procedures to be performed and maintained;
(2) A list exists of each substance to be used as a production or handling input, indicating its composition, source, and where it will be used;
(3) A description exists of the monitoring practices and procedures to be performed and maintained, including the frequency with which they will be performed, to verify that the plan is effectively implemented;
(4) A description exists of the record-keeping system implemented to comply with the requirements;
(5) A description exists of the management practices and physical barriers established to prevent commingling of organic and non-organic products on a split operation and to prevent contact of organic production and handling operations and products with prohibited substances.
Dr. D. Brand Partners do not possess a certification to demonstrate that these organic farming practices have been reviewed and approved by a certification agency but expects to have one by 2018. This declaration intends to inform the parties concerned that the practices leading to an organic-certification in future are already in place and therefore, result in an equivalent product that could be expected from a certified-organic farm.
Why is our THC-Free PCR Oil is so high in CBD content? (plant genetics high in CBD, extraction and selective purification process etc) Dr. D.’s unique plant genetics contain 15-18% CBD and < 0.3% THC, qualifying it as industrial hemp. Dr. D’s unique proprietary process removes the unwanted materials, waxes, chlorophyll, and pigments that are non-medicinal in nature form the cannabinoids, lipids, vitamins, and terpenes in the hemp extract. Because the refining and THC-removal process is so selective, removing only the components that do not have any nutritional or medicinal value, the resulting oil becomes very enriched, 70-85% CBD by content, and less is needed for a finished product formulation.
How is Full-Spectrum Phytocannabinoid Hemp Oil better than using purified Cannabidiol isolate? The Cannabidiol in a phytocannabinoid-rich full-spectrum hemp oil is much more effective than a pure cannabidiol isolate, when used at the same level (mg/kg), controlled for the delivery and routes of administration for the following reasons:
(1) Scientific evidence, see references 1-6, exist to show that CBD in the presence of other plant constituents improves the dose-response in a standardized hemp extract, showing it is more potent or efficacious than pure CBD isolate. Various research groups have studied a range of physiological parameters, such as analgesic effects, and have concluded that the higher efficiency of plant extract can be explained by additive or synergistic interactions between CBD, terpenes, and the minor phytocannabinoids or non-cannabinoids presented in the extracts. This is because other phytocannabinoids, including Tetrahydrocannabivarin, Cannabigerol and Cannabichromene, as well as mono- and sesqui-terpenes, exert additional effects of therapeutic interest and the therapeutic synergy observed with plant extracts results in the requirement for a lower amount of active components, with consequent reduced adverse effects.
(2) A full spectrum PCR hemp oil is easier to manufacture with since it can be emulsified, dissolved, and homogenized much more effectively, compared with an isolate. Since the isolates are difficult to dissolve in water-containing media during manufacturing or consumption, they pose a risk of inconsistent delivery of active for consumers and patients alike. Although an insufficient dispersion of isolate in a supplement, vape, or food product is difficult to observe, experimental evidence point to a a better consistency, delivery, and efficiency (bioavailability) when a PCR hemp oil is used to manufacture the finished product.
(3) Isolate CBD has been used for various Investigational New Drug (IND) applications. GW Pharmaceuticals has an approval pending with Food and Drug Administration for a drug with CBD as the active ingredient. Historically, the active ingredients in their purified form are not allowed in any consumer or drug product upon FDA-approval. Therefore, designing a product with purified CBD that will soon be illegal to use, presents a challenge for manufacturers. However, designing consumer products or supplements with full-spectrum hemp oil with up to 80% CBD and no THC provides a solution to those who would want a viable and legal supply of CBD raw material in the form of a botanical extract.
How are we different than Charlotte’s Web, CV Sciences, and Prime my Body (Quick Silver).
GENETICS: Our unique genetics is rich in CBD and other minor cannabinoids, and abundant with 30+ terpenes. CBD is more than 90% of all cannabinoids and primary terpenes are beta-caryophyllene, humulene, linalool, pinene, and bisabolol, all of them medicinal and synergisti with CBD.
VERTICAL INTEGRATION: We grow, extract, manufacture finished products, and perform R&D on new product ideas, all ourselves. Customers are welcome to see our farms and extraction and manufacturing facilities, to ensure there is transparency regarding quality, scale, and technologies used.
ZERO-THC: Our proprietary manufacturing uses chromatography to remove THC but retains all other synergistic molecules in hemp oil. The removal of THC combined with preservation of diverse cannabinoids, terpenes, lipids, and flavonoids, ensures that the full spectrum nature of out oil is preserved. The full-spectrum oil is what is responsible for the entourage effect, which makes our hemp oil medicinal in nature.
PROPRIETARY PRODUCT TECHNOLOGIES: Our flagship technology is based on making the PCR hemp oil water soluble. This technology isn’t like other liposome-based technology. The water soluble hemp oil is a nanoemulsion (very small hemp oil droplets dispersed in the formula), which ensure very high absorption efficiency in the blood upon ingestion. The nanoemulsion is absorbed into the bloodstream four-times higher than hemp oil and work quickly in full or empty stomach.
Is this legal for me to do and what’s going on with all the regulations? Our farm partner is a legal entity, licensed by CO State Dept. of Agriculture and compliant with Federal Farm Bill 2014, Section 7606. THC-free PCR hemp oils are legal to be sold in all 50 states and outside US. However, in light of the recent warning letters by FDA to some CBD suppliers, it is essential that no medical claims that have not been approved, are put on the product, package, or any marketing documents.
What is special about our extraction process?
– Uses food-grade ethanol or supercritical CO2
– High CBD, low THC, high terpene plant genetics leads to high-quality extract
– No external additive
– Closed, enclosed process to preserve terpenes
– THC is completely removed
– All other components, minor cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, are preserved.
– NO solvents
– NO heavy metals
– NO pesticides
What do phytocannabinoids do and how do they work? Phytocannabinoids can be used to supplement or replace chemicals inside our bodies, called endocannabinoids. When the nervous system or immune system do not work as intended because of endocannabinoid deficiency, phytocannabinoids used as supplements help with restoring the proper functionality of the central nervous system and immune system. This is primarily due to the phytocannabinoids activating CB1 and CB2 receptors, which in turn regulate cognitive and immune functions.
 Ruth Gallily, Zhannah Yekhtin, Lumír Ondřej Hanuš, Overcoming the Bell‐Shaped
Dose‐Response of Cannabidiol by Using Cannabis Extract Enriched in Cannabidiol, Pharmacology & Pharmacy, 2015, 6, 75‐85
 Romano, B., Borrelli, F., Pagano, E., Cascio, M.G., Pertwee, R.G. and Izzo, A.A. (2014) Inhibition of Colon Carcinogenesis by a Standardized Cannabis Sativa Extract with High Content of Cannabidiol. Phytomedicine, 21, 631-639. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.phymed.2013.11.006
 Capasso, R., Aviello, G., Borrelli, F., Romano, B., Ferro, M., Castaldo, L., Montanaro, V., Altieri, V. and Izzo, A.A., (2011) Inhibitory Effect of Standardized Cannabis Sativa Extract and Its Ingredient Cannabidiol on Rat and Human Bladder Contractility. Urology, 77, 1006.e9-006e15. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2010.12.006
 De Petrocellis, L., Ligresti, A., Schiano Moriello, A., Iappelli, M., Verde, R., Stott, C.G., Cristino, L., Orlando, P. and Di Marzo, V. (2013) Non-THC Cannabinoids Inhibit Prostate Carcinoma Growth in Vitro and in Vivo: Pro-Apoptotic Effects and Underlying Mechanisms. British Journal of Pharmacology, 168, 79-102.
 Russo, E.B. (2011) Taming THC: Potential Cannabis Synergy and Phytocannabinoid-Terpenoid Entourage Effects. British Journal of Pharmacology, 163, 1344-1364. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1476-5381.2011.01238.x
 Wagner, H. and Ulrich-Merzenich, G. (2009) Synergy Research: Approaching a New Generation of Phytopharmaceuticals. Phytomedicine, 16, 97-110. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.phymed.2008.12.018